One of morning’s greatest pleasures is waking up over a cup of coffee, but what about a cup of hot Community® coffee, enjoyed around a campfire with your friends or loved ones? Don’t let a weekend away from your favorite home brewer keep you from enjoying a perfect cup of coffee. All you need is a camping kettle, fresh water and your favorite ground Community® coffee blend, and this blissful morning moment can be yours.
What you will need:
Camping kettle with lid
Community® coffee grounds
Grate or hook to hold kettle over campfire
Oven mitt or ladle for pouring
How to brew campfire coffee:
- Fill your kettle with desired amount of fresh water and add coffee grounds. We recommend 2 tablespoons of coffee for every 6 ounces of water. For stronger coffee, add more grounds.
- Place the kettle over the campfire, and keep a close eye on the pot. When tiny bubbles begin to form, and coffee is just about to boil, remove kettle from the campfire.
- Once the kettle has been removed from heat, allow it to sit for approximately 5 minutes so the coffee has time to steep. While the coffee rests, grounds should settle completely to the bottom.
- Remove the lid and gently pour coffee from the pot into a mug. We recommend using an oven mitt or ladle for pouring, as the kettle will be hot.
- Place the lid back on the kettle and set the kettle near the fire, without getting too close, to keep the remaining coffee warm.