Baton Rouge, LA – Community Coffee Company announced the elections of Tom Sampson and Donna Saurage to its Board of Directors. They join seven other members of this 95-year-old, family-owned and operated coffee company.
Tom Sampson is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Peacock Engineering Company. Previously, he spent 27 years in a variety of leadership positions at Kraft Foods. As Executive Vice President of Business Transformation, he led a comprehensive restructuring of the entire North American business and eventually the division of the company into Kraft Foods Group and Monedelez International. Sampson was the President of Kraft’s North American Foodservice business for close to a decade and held other key positions. He also worked for Procter & Gamble and IBM.
He also serves as the Board President of the Chicago Children’s Advocacy Center and is actively involved in Leadership Greater Chicago and LINK Unlimited. Sampson has a bachelor’s degree from Notre Dame and a master’s of management degree from Northwestern University.
Donna Saurage is the Sole Manager of CCC Holding, the parent of Community Coffee Company. She was the creator and General Manager of the Community Coffee Places, 6 brand-themed retail specialty coffee and gift shops from 1979 – 1981. During her time as General Manager of the Residence Inn of Baton Rouge, she introduced the city to its first all-suite hotel. She also recruited executives for Sales Consultants of Baton Rouge and served as business advisor to the now-retired Chairman of Community Coffee Company.
With over 50 years of nonprofit sector board experience and leadership, she has served as Chair of Woman’s Hospital and Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center in Baton Rouge, Public Affairs Research Council of Louisiana, and the Louisiana Association of Nonprofit Organizations. Currently she serves as a trustee of the Huey & Angelina Wilson Foundation.
The board of Community Coffee Company also includes:
- Matthew C. Saurage, Chairman, Community Coffee Company.
- David G. Belanger, Sr., President & CEO, Community Coffee Company.
- Donald E. Brunson, Chief Operating Officer and Secretary of Monogram Food Solutions, L.L.C., Memphis, Tennessee.
- David E. Hogberg, President of WM Barr, Inc., Memphis, Tennessee.
- Ralph J. Nicoletti, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Tiffany and Company, New York, New York.
- H. N. “Hank” Saurage IV, Partner and Managing Broker in Saurage Rotenberg Commercial Real Estate, Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- H. Norman Saurage III, former President and former Chairman of the Board of Community Coffee Company.
About Community Coffee Company
Now in its 95th year, Community Coffee Company is the largest family owned and operated retail coffee brand in America, with four generations of the Saurage family operating the company since its inception. Founded in 1919, Community Coffee Company is an importer, roaster and distributor of the highest-quality premium coffees and teas, using only 100% select Arabica beans. For additional information, visit CommunityCoffee.com or find the brand on Facebook and Twitter.