Community Coffee Company, L.L.C., is a Louisiana-based coffee company that sells coffee directly to consumers from the Carolinas to Texas by having its product on re-seller shelves, internationally and nationally through its website and through Amazon, Wal-Mart, and other third-party website distribution.
We collect personal information you choose to share with us and our partners for a number of reasons, the primary ones of which are so we can provide you with a more customized experience and so we can determine products and services that you might be interested in and bring those to your attention.
- Company online platforms and related offerings; and
- By providing us information about yourself, including personally identifiable information, in person, over the phone or via email.
By visiting or using the Services in any manner, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Agreement.
You must be 18 or older to use our Services. Minors under 18 and at least 13 years of age are only permitted to use our Services through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian with their appropriate permission and under their direct supervision. We do not knowingly collect or solicit Information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Service.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Services. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Legal_Admin@communitycoffee.com.
By visiting or using Website or the Services, you will be providing us or allowing us to collect information, which may include personally identifiable information, and also personally consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Provide to Us
You don’t have to create an account to use some of our Services. However, you may create an account or subscribe to receipt email notifications of promotions and other offerings by providing us certain information, such as your contact information including your name, telephone number, email and physical address and by providing us financial information sufficient to allow us to contact you or otherwise charge you for products. You may also create an account with us by providing us your contact information and by creating a username and password.
If you are paying for any of our Services, standard payment and billing information is required. We do not require users to provide their race, ethnicity, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal record in their account. Please do not post or add personal data to any information sheet, inquiry, survey, online form, or other content that you provide to us that you would not want to be publicly available.
Depending on which Services you choose to use, additional information may be collected and stored, if necessary in order for us to provide a particular Service. Such information includes:
(i) contact information, such as name, email, address, country/province/state, and phone number;and financial information for billing purposes;
(iii) transactional information based on your activities on the Website;
(iv) shipping, ordering, billing and other similar information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
(v) computer sign-on data, time and date data, statistics on page views, your IP address, your GPS location, the type of computing environment you use, and traffic to and from the Website (including data about you whenever you interact with the Website, such as when you search, click on links, send messages, make comments, replies or queries, and select best replies);
(vi) other technical information or data collected from Website traffic, including IP address and standard web log information and information gathered from cookies, beacons and other mechanisms;
(vii) supplemental or additional information we may request from you in the event previous information you’ve provided cannot be verified;
(ix) information that you opened or otherwise interacted with an email and what email you opened or otherwise interacted with; and
(x) other information that you voluntarily provide to us.
Information Collected Automatically By Us / Our Policy Regarding Cookies
Information from Third Parties and Advertisers
We work with third party advertisers, networks, and service providers who assist us in managing or providing the Service (e.g., payment processors and providing partnership promotions like Southwest) and who collect some of the information described above. These third parties also help us understand how users interact with our content or offerings. We may also collect contextual or demographic data about our users from third parties, in order to more effectively deliver the Service or content in which we think you would be interested. Unless you have been notified otherwise, all information collected through our authorized third party service providers remains governed by security and confidentiality obligations consistent with this Policy and applicable law.
Using Other Sites to Login to our Websites or Services
Some users may choose to connect to our Website or Services using third-party account credentials (for example, your Facebook login or YouTube account). If you choose to connect your account using a third-party account, you understand some of your Information may be shared with us or the respective third-party platform. Your information may also be subject to separate policies of such third-party platform. You should review those policies before providing consent. Connecting your account to third-party applications or services is optional. You can revoke this permission anytime in your account settings.
Some of our Services allow advertisers and their networks to collect and use certain anonymous Information about you (e.g. click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) in order to provide advertisements of interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit networkadvertising.org.
3. WHY WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
How we use your Information will depend on which Services you use, how you use those Services and the choices you make in your settings. The primary reason we collect Information is to provide and improve our Services, to allow us to work with our partners who contract with us to provide marketing services for their products and services, and to provide you with a more customized experience on our Services.
The following is a summary of more specific ways we may use your personal information:
- To deliver the Service to you
- To correspond and communicate to you with respect to delivering the Service, including managing your Account
- To notify you about any changes to our Service to you or changes to your Account
- To allow you to participate in the Service and related promotions
- We use credit/debit card information solely to collect payment from you and we use a third-party service provide to manage that processing and it is not permitted to store, retain, or use that information except for the sole purpose of processing credit/debit information on our behalf
- To provide payment processing and account management, operate, measure and improve our Service, keep our Service safe, secure and operational, and customize Website content
- As part of our efforts to keep you safe and secure
- To contact you regarding your Account, to respond to your requests or questions, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service
- To send you transactional communications. For example, we might send you emails about your purchase or to confirm your registration for an event. We might also contact you about this policy or our website terms and/or to send an email on behalf of our marketing partners
- To provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the Information
- To share with our marketing partners for marketing purposes or to use for our own marketing purposes. For example, to send you information about events or special promotions, to tell you about new features or products, etc. To learn about your choices for these communications, read below
- To determine your level of engagement with email or promotional marketing materials that are send to you, including whether you opened an email or promotional marketing materials and/or otherwise engaged with it
- To improve our Services, for example by reviewing information associated with stalled or crashed pages experienced by users allowing us to identify and fix problems and give you a better experience
- For security purposes. To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities and/or attempts to harm our users
- To monitor and improve the information security of our Websites and mobile applications
- To comply with governmental regulations or to respond to a subpoena or other governmental, court, administrative order/requirement;
- To hire, train, and manage our staff;
- To support the functions of our human resource management, including the coordination of third-party vendors that provide insurance and personal financial services such as retirement planning and savings and investment accounts;
- To carry on our business and serve our customers as described above;
- For other purposes with your consent;
- We may combine information received from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
- We also use Information as otherwise described in this Policy, permitted by law, or as we may notify you
The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified above.
4. HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS SHARED
We may share the information we have collected about you, including personal information, as disclosed at the time you provide your information and in the following circumstances:
4.1 Sharing by you
Certain Services offered are social by their very nature, so your participation in such a Service will allow others to see your name and/or username, profile picture, social profile, and any other content you upload or disclose through that profile.
4.2 Sharing by us
We share your Information with third parties as listed below and as otherwise described elsewhere in this Policy:
Internally With our Employees/Agents
We will share your information with are employees/agents who are responsible for providing you the Services in line with the scope of their employment/agency with us.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer Information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired or merged, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Information would be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of Company and Others
We reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any Information that we reasonably believe is necessary to comply with law or court order; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, interests, or safety of our Company, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we are requested to provide information by authorized third parties or regulatory or governmental agencies investigating illegal activities;
Where we believe that an emergency, illegal activity or some other reasonable basis exists for notifying the relevant authority.
Aggregated and Anonymized Information
We also may share (within our affiliated entities or with third parties) aggregated or anonymized information that does not explicitly identify you or any individual user of our Services. From time to time, the Company may provide demographic and statistical information to prospective partners for the purposes of securing advertising and/or for general promotion of the Service. This disclosure will not share any personal information of individual users but is intended to give a broad overview of the Service’s membership.
5. THE SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your Information is important to us. We take commercially reasonable security measures, including administrative, technical, and physical safeguards, to protect your Information from loss, theft, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately. To help protect your Information, you should not share your account information or password, reuse your password on other sites, or use a password you have used on other sites.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Information we hold in our records, but we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
6. WHERE YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE HELD
7. WHAT INFORMATION YOU CAN ACCESS
7.1 Right to Access and Control Your Information
If you choose not to provide personal information, you may be unable to access or use the Service as we simply may not be able to perform required functions.
User Data Subject Rights (EEA Visitors Only)
The EU GDPR became effective in the European Union as of May 25, 2018. In preparation for the GDPR, we reviewed our internal processes and put policies and procedures in place to attempt to meet the requirements and standards of the GDPR and any relevant data protection laws.
We are not established in the EEA; however, individuals located in certain countries, including the EEA, have certain rights related to their personal Information. Subject to any exemptions provided by law, you may have the right to request the following for personal data that we have about you:
EEA Users have the following rights:
- Delete Information: You can ask us to erase or delete all or some of your personal data (e.g., if it is no longer necessary to provide Services to you).
- Change or Correct Information: You can edit some of your Information through your account. You can also ask us to change, update or fix you Information in certain cases, particularly if it’s inaccurate.
- Object to, or Limit or Restrict, Use of Information: You can ask us to stop using all or some of your Information (e.g., if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (e.g., if your Information is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
- Right to Access and/or Take Your Information: You can ask us for a copy of your Information and can ask for a copy of Information you provided in machine- readable form.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland and certain non-European countries are available here.)
- When the processing of your personal data is for directly marketing purposes, you have the right to object to subject processing.
To exercise any of your data subject rights, please contact us at Legal_Admin@communitycoffee.com. We will respond to your request without undue delay, and, in any event, within one month of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by two further months where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests we receive. If we take an extension, we shall inform you within one month of our receipt of the original request, together with the reasons for delay.
In the event your personal data of which we collected was subject to a Personal Data Breach (defined below), We will notify you and competent Supervisory Authoriy(ies) within 72 hours by e-mail with information about the extent of the breach, affected data, any impact, Our plan for measures to secure the data and limit any possible detrimental effect on you. A “Personal Data Breach” is a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
You may contact us using the contact information in Section 10 below, and we will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
Legitimate Basis for Process (EEA Visors Only)
We will only collect and process Information about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent); via contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Services you have requested)); to protect vital interest; and when we have “legitimate interests”, which includes direct marketing.
Where we process Information based on consent you may withdraw your consent at any time, but that will not affect the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data prior to such withdrawal.
Where we rely on legitimate interests as a basis for Information processing, you have the right to object. We may process your Information, including personal data, for the purposes of our legitimate interests or for the legitimate interests of third parties including our partners, provided that such processing shall not outweigh your rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal Information to:
- Protect you, us, or others from threats (such as security threats or fraud)
- Comply with laws that apply to us
- Enable or administer our business, such as for quality control, consolidated reporting, and customer service
- Manage corporate transactions, such as mergers or acquisitions
- Engage in direct marketing;
- Understand and improve our business or customer relationships generally
- Enable us and our users to connect with each other, view content, express opinions, exchange information, and conduct business
If you have any questions about the lawful bases upon which we collect and use your Information, please contact our legal department at 225.368.3900
7.2 What Choices You Have
You can always opt not to disclose Information or to disable certain tools on your browser or device. However, this may limit your ability to fully utilize the Service.
You may be able to add, update, or delete Information as explained above. When you update Information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised Information in our records. Please note that some Information may remain in our records for legitimate business reasons even after your deletion of such Information, such as our analyzing aggregated data regarding past usage of the Service (but not in a manner that would identify you personally). Additionally, through Google’s security settings page, you may revoke consent to the use of API Data related to you that was accessed or stored by the Service pursuant to such consent. Company shall delete all such API Data no later than thirty (30) calendar days following such revocation.
If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other communications from us, you can adjust your email preferences from your account, or opt-out by clicking on the link provided in the emails.
To learn more about choices regarding cookies set through the Service, see information about cookies above.
8. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
Information you have shared with others (e.g. through comments or other posts) will remain visible after you close your account or delete the information from your own account, and we do not control data that other users copied out of our Services.
10. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Policy, please send us a detailed message at the address below, and we will try to resolve your concerns.
11. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the items specified therein. We will respond to one request per California customer each year, and we do not respond to requests made by means other than as set forth above.
California Do Not Track Disclosure: Do Not Track is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. When a user turns on the Do Not Track signal, the browser sends a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. At this time, we do not respond to Web browser “do not track” settings or signals. We deploy cookies and other technologies on our Service to collect information about you and your browsing activity, even if you have turned on the Do Not Track signal.
12. CAN-SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, and gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them.
If, at any time, you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at Legal_Admin@communitycoffee.com and we will promptly remove you from email communications.
13. LEGAL DISCLOSURES
It is possible that we will need to disclose information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to (1) investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; (2) enforce our agreements with you, (3) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (4) protect the security or integrity of our Service (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or (5) exercise or protect the rights and safety of the Company, our users, personnel, or others. We attempt to notify users about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. We may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but we do not promise to challenge every demand.
Effective: January 24, 2019