The nation’s No. 1 family-owned coffee brand deepens its connection to Western Sports and Rodeo.
BATON ROUGE, LA. (Sept. 21, 2022) – Community Coffee, the nation's No. 1 family-owned retail coffee brand, expands ProRodeo sponsorships roster from three athletes in 2021 to 18 in 2022. Cowboys Shane Hanchey, Shad Mayfield and Tuf Cooper join 15 more elite rodeo athletes who are proud to wear the Community Coffee endorsement. Many of these athletes are expected to compete for their respective event titles at the PRCA 2022 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, Nevada, Dec. 1-10, 2022, where Community Coffee holds the event’s official coffee sponsorship.
Rookie and professional, female and male, spanning eight PRCA sporting event categories, Community Coffee and it’s ProRodeo athletes pride themselves on sharing the core values of the cowboy way of life - what can the cowboy, cowgirl do to save the day, help their neighbor, to give back, to make sure somebody else has something better than they do.
“At Community Coffee we recognize strong communities that authentically connect one another and there’s no better community that remains loyal and supportive of each other than Western Sports and Rodeo,” said Leah Herrington, Executive Vice President of Marketing and Sales for Community Coffee. “It’s not just about what these 18 athletes do in the arena, but what they do outside the arena, helping to support those that make our communities best.”
Community Coffee’s ProRodeo Team boasts five athletes at the top of their event standings including Shad Mayfield at No. 1 and Shane Hanchey at No. 5, both in tie-down roping; Jordan Briggs at No.1 and Hailey Kinsel at No. 5, both in barrel racing; Tyler Waguespack at No. 2 in steer wrestling; Taylor Hanchey at No. 3 in breakaway roping; and Coleman Proctor at No. 3 in team roping (header).
Community Coffee’s full roster of pro rodeo athletes includes:
- Shad Mayfield, tie-down roper – Lipan, Texas
- Shane Hanchey, tie-down roper - Giddings, Texas
- Taylor Hanchey, barrel racing and breakaway roper – Giddings, Texas
- Tuf Cooper, tie-down roper – Decatur, Texas
- Sage Kimzey, bull rider – Salado, Texas
- Riley Webb, tie-down roper – Denton, Texas
- Rowdy Parrot, steer wrestler – Mamou, Louisiana
- Josie Conner, breakaway roper – Iowa, Louisiana
- Tyler Waguespack, steer wrestler – Gonzales, Louisiana
- Sarah Rose Waguespack, barrel racer – Gonzales, Louisiana
- Tristan Martin, steer wrestler – Sulphur, Louisiana
- Cheyanne Guillory, breakaway roper – Gainesville, Texas
- Joseph Harrison, team roper (header) – Marietta, Oklahoma
- Hailey Kinsel, barrel racer – Cotulla, Texas
- Coleman Proctor, team roper (header) – Pryor, Oklahoma
- Jordon Briggs, barrel racer – Tolar, Texas
- Leighton Berry, bareback rider – Weatherford, Texas
- Jacobs Crawley, saddle bronc rider – Stephenville, Texas
Community Coffee will host several events to celebrate and provide support to each athlete during the PRCA 2022 Wrangler National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas, Nevada, Dec. 1-10, 2022. More information will be released as the event approaches.
About Community Coffee Company:
Founded in 1919, Community Coffee Company is the largest family-owned retail coffee brand in America. The company is an importer, roaster and distributor of premium coffee products available online and in retail stores and businesses nationwide. Community Coffee offers whole-bean, ground, single-serve, freshly brewed and ready-to-drink options. Founded in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the company remains true to its purpose of bringing joy to those who help communities thrive with programs supporting teachers, military service members, first responders and farmers, among others. See what’s brewing at CommunityCoffee.com, Instagram, and on Facebook.